Safety made simple
You can find out everything we do to make sure our blinds are child safe right here.
Some of our blinds work without cords or chains. By design, these blinds are child safe.
Any of our blinds that use cords or chains are delivered with child-safety devices. These help to keep controls neat, tidy and out of the reach of children. You should always fit these devices with your blinds.
Read on for more information about blinds and child safety.
Cord and chain-free blinds
Cord and chain-free blinds are exactly as the name suggests. And that quality is what makes these options child safe.
You can choose:
- Control cord-free Venetian blinds in Perfect Fit frames
- Wand-operated Vertical blinds
- Skylight blinds
Our child-safe devices
Any blinds that use cords or chains come with child-safety devices. Dependent on the blind type, these features can include breakaway tassels, consolidators and clips that snap under pressure (but can easily be put back together).
In every case, you'll also get child-safety devices for the controls of your blind to wrap around.
- Wood, free-hanging pleated and Venetian blinds come with a cleat for the cord controls to be wrapped around. This child-safety device must be fitted to the wall or window frame at a height at least 1.5 metres from the floor.
- Roller and Roman blinds come with a safety hook that keeps the cord or chain controls permanently taut. This child-safety device must be fitted to the wall or window frame at the point where the control has been fully extended, which must be no lower than 1.5 metres from the floor.
Don't forget that it is compulsory to fit your safety device, in accordance with the latest European regulations.
You should always fit the right child-safety device for your blinds. Also, you should follow these tips:
- Beds, cots or furniture should never be placed near a window where children can climb on to the sill.
- Never tie cord controls together.
- Never stick or tape together consolidators or breakaway devices to prevent them from opening.
Making all your blinds child safe
You can easily make any of your existing blinds child safe. All you have to do is order and fit the right cleat or hook.
- Chain-operated blinds need a safety hook for the controls to loop around.
- Cord-operated blinds need a safety cleat attached to the wall 1.5 metres from the floor.
Simply call or Email our friendly customer service team on 0203 490 0863 or firstname.lastname@example.org